Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment provides heating and/or cooling for industrial, commercial and residential buildings. HVAC systems may also be used to circulate fresh air to indoor environments, which reduces odors and airborne contaminants. There are many types of HVAC systems out there, and all are designed to provide a comfortable indoor environment year-round.
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning technicians work on heating, ventilation, and cooling systems that control the temperature and air quality in buildings. HVAC technicians work in residential homes, schools, hospitals, office buildings, or factories etc. Their worksites may be very hot or cold because the heating and cooling systems they must repair may not be working, and because some parts of these systems are located outdoors. Irregular hours and working in cramped spaces are common.
Workshops / Labs
Overall objective of the course
Enable the trainees to perform routine skilled and semi-skilled tasks to carry out a variety of HVAC install and troubleshoot & maintenance jobs and assist other team members in assigned preventive maintenance, installations, and repairs of HVAC equipment, facilities and systems.
The learner will gain following competencies through this training:
• Ensure Personal Safety at workplace by an HVAC Technician
• Initiate HVAC work
• Install HVAC Units
• Remove existing HVAC unit
• Test HVAC unit performance
• Conduct Preventive Maintenance on HVAC Equipment
• Repair Refrigeration Cycle
• Ensure Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
Scope of HVACR Trade:
After completing this course, learner will have following career opportunities:
• Offer services as an HVAC Technician to a HVAC devices installation and service shop, industry and to building contractors.
• Work as an Assistant HVAC Technician in Public and Private Organizations
• Seek employment in Industries (manufacture/assembly/installer)
• Set up of his or her enterprise.
• After gaining sufficient exposure he/she can work as Contractor for Annual Maintenance/Repair of residential/ institutional/ of small commercial buildings etc.
Middle prefer Matriculation
Medium of Instructions
Time frame of assessment
Duration of Course: Six Months
Total Hours: 800 hrs
Training Hours: 770 hrs
Module Test: 25 hrs
Final Test: 5 hrs
Per Week Hours: 30 hrs
Per Day Hours 05 hrs (6 days a week)