Carpentry is a skilled trade and a craft in which the primary work performed is the cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, doors, windows, cabinets, and other furniture items.
Hand working procedures have been modified into machine working; even some fields have been changed into automation by the nature of their works. All old and orthodox methods have been replaced with new ones.
Carpentry has also developed according to the requirement. Modern machinery, tools, equipment have taken the places of old methods. So it is the prime need of the present time that trainees/student should be trained according to the new techniques & skills, which will make good contribution both for rapid increase in production as well as quality of products.
Workshops / Labs
Duration of course: 06 – Months
Total Training Hours: 800 Hours
40 Hours per Week
6 Days a week
7-Hours a day (Except Friday 5-Hrs.)
Training Methodology: Practical 80% Theory 20%
Medium of Instruction: Urdu
KNOWLEDGE PROFICIENCY DETAILS
After completion of the course, the trainee must be able to: –
1. Know the safety precautions applicable to power wood working tools & machines.
2. Understand Good care and maintenance of woodworking tools & equipment.
3. Interpret simple plans, drawing & sketches.
4. Identify the common types of timber, their description & uses.
5. Describe different types of screws, nails commonly used in woodworking.
6. Enlist the types of saws, procedure of sharpening, settling.
7. Describe different methods of seasoning.
8. Understand the preservation & storage of timber.
9. Know the use of glues.
10. Recognize common types of wood working, joints, their preparation and uses.
11. Explain the procedures for preparing the surface for polish & paint.
12. Know the use of molding, skirting, paneling & picture railing.
13. Describe the common use of veneer, veneer board, chipboard, ply wood, hard board and Formica.
14. Understand the basic techniques of polish, varnish and paint for wood.
15. Interpret the operation and uses of Band Saw, Jointer, Thicknesser, Spindle Molder and Drill Press Machine.
16. Identify the types of nails, screws, hinges and fixtures commonly used in