An electrician is a tradesperson specializing in electrical wiring of buildings, stationary machines and related equipment. Electricians may be employed in the installation of new electrical components or the maintenance and repair of existing electrical infrastructure. Electricians may also specialize in wiring and cables. Electricians work in a variety of settings, including homes, businesses, schools, hotels and hospitals – any type of facility that needs electricity to function.
Workshops / Labs
Overall objective of the course
Enable the trainees to perform routine skilled and semi-skilled tasks to carry out a variety of electrical/electronic installations & maintenance jobs and assist other team members in assigned preventive maintenance, installations, and repairs of electrical equipment, facilities and systems.
Competencies gained after completion of the course
The learner will gain following competencies through this training:
• Ensure Personal Safety at workplace
• Interpret Electrical Drawing of building for fixing PVC Pipes /Other types of wiring
• Perform Measurement of Plan Wiring.
• Calculate all electrical appliances load.
• Install electrical cables/wire.
• Perform repair and maintenance of electrical appliances
• Ensure Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), and Develop Professionalism.
Scope of General Electrician:
After completing this course, learner will have following career opportunities:
• Offer services as an electrician to an electrical shop, industry and to building contractors.
• Work as an Assistant Electrician in Public or Private Organizations.
• Seek employment in Industries (manufacture/assembly)
• Set up his/her enterprise.
• After gaining sufficient exposure he/she can work as Contractor for Annual Maintenance/Repair of residential/ institutional/ of small commercial buildings etc.
• Foreign Job Opportunities.
Middle (Preferable Matriculation)
Medium of Instructions
English /Urdu/Local Language
Time frame of assessment
Duration of Course: Six Months
Total Hours: 800 hrs.
Training Hours: 770hrs
Module Test: 25 hrs.
Final Test: 5hrs
Per Week Hours: 30 hrs.
Per Day Hours 05 hrs. (6 days a week)
Suggested Personality Traits
• Person should be mentally and physically fit.
• Visually impaired or suffering from epilepsy may not be considered.